The Annual General Meeting of the Gabriola Land & Trails Trust will be held on March 4th, 2-4 pm, at the Gabriola Golf & Country Club. (Doors open at 1:45.)
- Business Meeting
- Presentation on the habitat restoration project at Drumbeg Provincial Park by Libby Gunn and Alison Thomas
- Social with refreshments (no-host bar open)
The business meeting will include:
- Welcome and land acknowledgement
- Introduction and President’s Report
- Financial Reports and 2023 Budget
- Special Resolutions
- Volunteer recognition
- Election of Directors
After a thorough review of our Constitution and Bylaws, the GaLTT Board is recommending that a number of amendments be made to clarify and update our purpose statement (Constitution) and Bylaws. These changes will be presented to the membership for ratification at the AGM.
The recommended changes are specified in two linked PDFs:
- “Special Resolution to amend Constitution and Bylaws” provides the text of the resolutions that will be presented to the membership for approval at the AGM.
- “Proposed Constitution and Bylaw changes – background” is a reference document that shows exactly how each item changed from the original and explains the reasoning for making the change.
Please review both documents carefully before the meeting.
In recent years our AGMs have included extensive reports from committee chairs on the activities of our volunteers. Because we are doing a better job of communicating regularly about events and activities through email, social media and other channels, there will be no committee presentations during the meeting. Please refer to our annual newsletter for an overview and celebration of what we’ve been doing throughout the year, and enjoy the looping slideshow at the AGM.
AND WATCH FOR…!
Members will be sent a link to the detailed financial reports that will be presented at the AGM, along with short bios of candidates standing for election and the draft minutes of the previous AGM.